Friday, August 13, 2004

Outing the Fish

Sometime in 1992 I realized what was happening. The first 'stalking laws' were passed that year and the subjects of stalking and obsession were in the national newscasts from time to time. When Colorado passed the first anti-stalking laws (in '97) I learned more about the subject from the book, 'I Know You Really Love Me' (Doreen Orion) and from some other research on the web. I also bought, 'Stopping A Stalker' (Robert Snow). The information in these books fit quite well with my personal experiences.

I can't remember when the final piece of the puzzle - fisho's homosexuality - dawned on me, but I do remember the exact occasion. It could have been as early as 1993 or as late as 1997. I was watching the news on CNN when suddenly the dots connected: 'The son-of-a-bitch is queer!' were my exact words. With that realization everything made sense. I warned el fisho (in my journal) before I 'outed' him. He could have simply walked away; instead he intensified the harrassment. So I 'outed' Denver's most famous fish in my journal.