Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Greatest Scam of the Twentieth Century

Very little gas since Friday morning. I suppose one of the reasons is that I have not been pouring cold water el fisho's ego recently.

Some time in '89 (I think) I got the impression that the stuff I was writing with Word Salad was being read by 'unauthorized persons.' I was sure that if that was the case then el fisho was one of those unauthorized persons. It was an opportunity for a little revenge, and I took advantage of it in several ways, most of which I have forgot. But I do remember doing some 'commentaries' on parts of the Old Testament in an attempt to irritate the old Jewish fish. Maybe I'll try to look them up if I can find the diskettes and one of my old Apples still works well enough.

I remember also that the subject of Jewish penis envy came up fairly often. I made fun of Freud fairly frequently. Then, around the beginning of the first Gulf War, I stumbled on what I would later call the 'greatest scam of the twentieth century:' the circumcision of America for 'health reasons.' The revelation came in the form of a book, Circumcision: An American Health Fallacy,' by Edward Wallerstein. I did quite a lot of quoting from Wallerstein's book. It is very quotable. But nowhere in the book could I find a reference to what I had come to think of as the real reason for National Circumcision: Jewish penis envy.

This is not surprising, of course. Wallerstein was himself a Jew, and if the idea of Jewish penis envy occured to him at all he did not mention it. Nor did anyone else, as far as I could determine. I seemed to be the only person to whom the idea occurred. So I claimed it. In fact, I rubbed the Jewish nose in it.