Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Jewish Names

I had been slowly gathering information about Jews for years in self-defense and I already knew a lot about that particular tribe in America. Probable Jewish names was one category of knowlege which especially interested me. I figured that if I knew enough Jewish names I would be able to avoid most of them. So whenever a person on tv (for example) was identified as Jewish I would remember that name. It eventually became clear that the best I could do, namewise, was about 80 percent, but that still made it worthwhile. For example, names containing the word 'gold' or 'silver' were likely 'Jewish names.' German names were suspect also, as well as some other European names. I got pretty good at figuring out who was and who was not a likely Jew. This put me fairly even with Jews themselves (thump) who always (it seemed to me) knew who around them was and was not Jewish.

I would test my knowlege at various chess events. A lot of Jews play chess. I would try to guess who was and who was not Jewish and I would look for signs of Jewish behavior. One interesting example of such behavior was the habit some Jewish players had of turning their king 'sideways' such that the cross would not be silhouetted from their point of view. A few players made it obvious, turning the king 90 degrees soon as they sat down at the board. Most Jews just played the game not bothering about the cross on their king's head. I thought of those who did turn their kings as, 'hardcore Jews' to be beaten but otherwise avoided.

I was pleasantly surprised by many Jews who did not seem to resent me at all, but not surprised by those few who did. I came to think of those 'hardcore (faint boom) Jews' as 'el fisho's boys.'