Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Opposite Race

(3)

'Racism' is difficult to define in the sense that there is no succinct definition. Every attempt to define 'racism' involves myriad sociological concepts favored by various tribes and cultures such that the concept becomes extremely ambiguous. 'Racism' is therefore obviously a spectrum of emotional reaction and may also include logical elements. May. May not. AntiSemitism is a related concept, as difficult to define as Racism.

This is because both Racism and Anti-Semitism are attitudes, not activities. Citizens can be punished by the state only for activities. Attitudes may or may not be sinful but are never illegal. Only activities can be illegal.

I am very clear concerning my own personal 'racism.' I am not a 'racist,' but I do have immediate emotional reactions to persons of the opposite race. Blacks, for example, evoke what I would call racist (tap) emotions when they stomp on the floor above (tap) us on Christmas Day. Black (very black) young males holding hands with very (tap) white females, both of whom are being obviously paid to harrass me in the maul tend to produce the same (thump) emotion.
But these are extreme cases, indeed 'manufactured cases.'

I think that what passes nowadays for 'racism' is really 'culturalism.' I dislike Rap, for example as a mis-begotten product of Afro-American Culture. Rap sucks. Mozart it is not. But that judgement is only aesthetic, only cultural, not racial.

But we interpret it as racial. It becomes a racial judgement. The same argument applies to tribes.